On Cpl Joebert Glindro, butcher operative of the Military Intelligence Battalion
of the 3rd Infantry Division, Philippine Army*
Jose Percival Estocada Jr. Command - NPA-Panay
March 18, 2011
By order of the People’s Revolutionary Court, a unit of the New People’s Army under the Jose Percival Estocada Jr. Command arrested Cpl. Joebert Glindro, a.k.a. Mino, in the afternoon of March 13 at Barangay Artuz, Tapaz, and Capiz in order for him to face his crimes before the People’s court. He was killed while trying to escape from his captors. Mino is an active and rabid butcher operative of the 3rd Infantry Division, Philippine Army who has a long list of crimes of murder and human rights violations against the people and the revolutionary movement.
Among the worst crimes of Mino are the following:
1) The abduction and disappearance of Renante Lerona, former political detainee whose case had been cleared by the Regional Trial Court in Mambusao, last 1997. His remains have not been found till now;
2) The abduction and disappearance of Balis Castor, civilian youth of Katipunan, Tapaz, Capiz, last August 18, 2007. His body was also not found;
3) The raid of a unit of the New People’s Army in Barangay Bagong Baryo, Tapaz, Capiz last July 4, 2001 which resulted in the killing of Ka Merlan;
4) The raid and killing of Enrico Lerona or Ka Radin last 1990;
5) He was responsible for spying on and sabotaging the activities of the revolutionary organizations and even the legal progressive organizations and their leaders and of ordinary civilians suspected of supporting the NPA. He recruited and directed the activities of the Barangay Intelligence Networks in the barangays covered by the Central Front especially in the municipalities of Tapaz, Jamindan, and Mambusao, all in the province of Capiz.
Confiscated from Mino was a caliber 45. Pistol, a .38 caliber revolver, 3 hand grenades, magazines and ammunitions. Also confiscated was a cell phone, a list of his assets and their cell phone numbers and IDs of the Philippine Army.
The action against Mino is part of the tasks of the New People’s Army to implement the order of the revolutionary court to arrest members of the military, the police, paramilitary or CAFGU and ordinary criminals who have incurred serious crimes against the people and the revolutionary movement. Paramount among these tasks is to arrest officers and men of the 61st IB who were directly responsible for the torture and brutal murder of ordinary civilians in Negros Island and who are now arrogantly masquerading as defenders of human rights and promoters of peace and development under the Oplan Bayanihan of the Aquino Regime.
The people are not easily deceived by the mere changing of the 61st IB and the military leadership in the island of their bloody uniforms with new ones covered with the fragrance of their promises to bring peace and development. In just a span of four months since their deployment in Panay Island, the people’s courts are flooded with cases of atrocities and human rights abuses against them. In due course, the long arm of revolutionary justice will exact their dues through their people’s army.