Thursday, June 17, 2010

An "Enemy" that is "Lovable."

An "Enemy" that is "Lovable."

by Lualhati Madlangawa-Guererro
based on the literary works of P. S. Smirnov






Rizza
(song of defiance, a la "Lord's Prayer")
by Paul Smirnoff

As I looked upon you
You have a deep sense of beauty
Like red roses and white lilies
Blooming in the abandoned cemetery

However, anything changed
You give me humiliation
You change my idea
And gives another interpretation

You remained poison to my eyes,
A devil in my shadow
A nightmare in my dream
A sadness and a sorrow

Then you will likely to apologize
Since you used to insult me
But still my anger burst its pressure
I'd rather see you in infamy

I feel the pain what's inside
I can't bear it totally
I may likely not to forgive you
Since you give me an idea to condemn

I guess...
You cannot revive eternal friendships
Until the person you insulted is dead.



These are the words being said remembering the person whom he called "an enemy" and yet he "cherished" since she's beautiful to be seen.

It all started when he met that girl courtesy of a friend during his first year days. Beautiful as he expected, he seemingly made her an object of a drawing-that makes Rizza wanting to draw her other than her friends whom the writer of this poem also met and drawn. That girl, in fact with her "kissable" lips and a "seductive" eyes making a fine feature of a succubus-like look.

Photobucket


But then,
The writer's amicable relationship with that maiden turned sour as she herself seemingly putting me on bad light, insulting me and venting off rage over me, he notice that, like the poem being saidth, compelling to change what is hers-a beautiful and yet devilish.

Just like this second poem being written by the same writer:




The fallen rose
(To Rizza-the fallen rose)

The heart of a writer brings hate out of you
The heart of a bard brings inspiration from you true
The strange beauty of a red rose brings love to me
A fallen rose from a beautiful enemy

A godless inspiration, a wild weed beauty
Sprung from the ages during the age of liberty
But fate gave her another meaning
A fallen rose from a beautiful enemy

As I met you with such glory
Brings happiness to me
But as you bring then insults and anger to me
I give you hate, gore and infamy

The dirty finger I gave to you
Is a result from the anger that kept
through days months and years
Then giving an angst reply to me

Well...
As the strange beauty of the fallen red rose blooms
The love given through hate will being glory and destiny
For your Hate is love-and my war is peace!


As the writer continued writing, drawing, anything assailing, he simply just "inspired" no matter how rude she was towards him nor he towards her, he's just simply "inspired" as he felt so from seeing his enemy's presence that is lovable.

And lastly, a finale, a poem again made by the writer:



Photobucket

Just I have said-Rizza is dead!!!!

Our hearts are end up shorn by her fingers
Our minds are tossed like storm
Her life would likely to linger
As she end up beaten by the unknown

Her beauty reminds of Lilith
Whom seduced Adam long before eve
Her beauty is as if like Delilah
Whose charm weaken Samson's peak

Her heart is as if like the abyss
Her soul reminds of the graves
Her Fate lies in her insults
as she is destined to an unknown fate

I don't know why she agitate me so much
As she used to argue against me
Then why she wanted to apologize
Only to be given a no reply

The anger that made me full
Will burst throughout my spirit
The anger that gave me pure
Will emancipate me from slavery

And my mind bursts its imagination
Like Volcanoes bursting fire and brimstone
And therefore for her I could have said
That out of you Oh Rizza-Rizza is dead!

But then I praise her
For she gave a kind of love to me
A strange love given to me
Given by a beautiful, loving enemy!


These works are just a fusion of anger and love, as if being affected from the thorns while holding a red rose, and so is the girl behind the drawings, the literature, anything around her from the mindset of a writer-artist.